Its also time to RENEW YOUR HAS MEMBERSHIP so you can take your 2018 Dark Site Training and get the new gate code before it changes on March 3rd!
HAS memberships run from 1 January to December 31. Fortunately, renewing your membership is fast and easy!
As a renewing member you will continue to be part of one of the most active and fun astronomy clubs in Texas and continue to have access to our member benefits including:
* Supporting our active outreach programs which show the night sky to school children and the public, and encourages interest in STEM activities
* Access to our controlled access dark sky observing site in Columbus
* Active Novice Astronomer programs including Nite Sky Labs at our dark sky site which teach you how to use your telescope and navigate the night sky
* Access to our growing library of online videos of presentations of interest to both Novice and Seasoned Astronomers alike
Membership dues are a bargain. Dues amounts:
Regular - $36/year
Associate - $6 (lives at same address as regular member)
Student - $12 (full-time student)
Sustaining - $50 or more (if you want to give a little extra to keep the club strong)
As always there are three ways to renew:
1. Renew online with PayPal - Login to your account at https://www.astronomyhouston.org/members/renew
We greatly appreciate if you pay by PayPal because it automates the process. With over 600 members, it saves us a lot of work.
2. Renew at a monthly meeting and pay by check or cash.
3. Mail a check the old-fashioned way to Treasurer, Houston Astronomical Society, PO Box 6657, Katy, TX 77491.
We hope that you will continue to support HAS and look forward to seeing you at our next meeting or event at the Columbus dark sky site!