The Houston Astronomical Society and Bellaire High School are collaborating on a cool project called “Skynet Junior Scholars” where high-school aged amateur astronomers will be able to remotely control research-grade telescopes and collaborate on research projects.
In Skynet Junior Scholars (SJS), kids study the Universe using the same tools as professional astronomers. With SJS, you get to BE the astronomer. You will feel great when you command a robotic telescope to take a picture of YOUR object!
With just an internet connection, Skynet Junior Scholars gives you:
- Access to world-class optical and radio telescopes.
- An image gallery to share pictures and publish results.
- Communication with astronomers and engineers.
Each meeting, you’ll:
- Explore the Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy and the Universe!
- Earn digital badges as you gain expertise.
- Collaborate on big projects with other Scholars.
- Learn astronomy with fun hands-on activities.
- Design your own investigations!
To learn more about SJS, visit: