The art of astrophotography- an idea to promote HAS

The art of astrophotography- an idea to promote HAS

Postby michael-lloyd » Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:54 am

Repost from my Facebook post

I just had a thought and it didn't even hurt. I'm a member of the Live Oak Art Center in Columbus.

http://liveoakartcenter.org/

Every year the Art Center has a members show. Members can bring their art and put it on display, typically the show lasts for one month and you can either price your work for sale or exclude it from sale. I think the gallery asks for a donation from the proceeds but I don't recall the percentage. It's probably on the website. Photographers can hang two images. Membership is $35 for individuals and $50 for families. The art center has been very supportive of The Live Oak Camera Club, based in Columbus. We have an exhibit hanging this month. The opening was last Friday.

So my idea was- what if HAS members, of all skill levels, became members of LOAC and exhibited in the show? How cool would it be to see some of the wonderful work of HAS members hanging in an art gallery (where it should be hanging imho). HAS would be represented, which could raise awareness and membership for HAS as well as the George Observatory. LOAC would receive some much needed and deserved attention. Win / Win. I think it would be a stellar collaboration (pun intended) :)
“I have never been lost, but I will admit to being confused for several weeks” - Daniel Boone

NE5U
michael-lloyd

Return to Outreach and Education