Trick for Dimming Screen Quickly in iOS 8

A freewheeling astro-salon.

Trick for Dimming Screen Quickly in iOS 8

Postby richard-hind » Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:11 am

This trick might be helpful for some of you Apple folks out there. It allows you to easily and quickly dim your screen without having to go through settings etc. I did this on my iPhone 6 Plus and it works great!

1. Settings -> General -> Accessibility -> Zoom -> Enable Zoom
2. Tap the screen quickly with three fingers three times
3. Press ‘Choose Filter’ > ‘Low Light’, then set Zoom Region to “Full Screen Zoom”
4. Settings -> General -> Accessibility -> Accessibility Shortcut (it’s at the bottom) -> Set to “Zoom”

Now, simply press the home button on your iPhone or iPad three times quickly and the screen will dim. Press it another three times and the brightness will return to its previous setting. It’s a great way to make adjusting your iPhone’s brightness on the fly quick and easy without having to deal with Apple’s auto-brightness setting.
richard-hind

Re: Trick for Dimming Screen Quickly in iOS 8

Postby steve-fung » Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:03 am

That's a neat little trick, thanks! I just did what you instructed on my iPhone, and it worked like a charm. I also noticed that you can dim the screen even further by using the Zoom Low-light filter AND going into Setting -> Display & Brightness and sliding the brightness slider to the left. Previously at the dark site, I found the screen is still pretty bright even when dimmed all the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
steve-fung

Re: Trick for Dimming Screen Quickly in iOS 8

Postby chris-ober » Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:59 am

Cover the screen with rubylith
Slide up from the bottom and drag the brightness level all the way to the left
0 .· ` ' / ·. 100
I have a high sarcasm rate. Deal with it.
include('sarcasm.php')
chris-ober

Return to Space Station V (the Lounge)