HAS Texas 45 observing program

HAS Texas 45 observing program

Postby rene-gedaly » Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:21 pm

Are you interested in developing skills in observational astronomy? Want to see all kinds of objects and not just those available the first week in May? Well, put down the Sky & Tel, pack up the scope, and head out to Columbus for the HAS Texas 45!

I’m in! What do I need to do?
• Observe list objects at the HAS observing site.
• Observe 10 objects from each season's list. That’s 40 objects, 10 each from winter, spring, summer, and autumn.
• Observe 5 solar system objects of your choice, any time of year. That makes 45 objects: the HAS Texas 45.
• Record your observations and mail the completed log to the HAS Texas 45 program coordinator.

Do I get an award?
Observers who successfully complete the HAS Texas 45 observing program will be presented both a pin and a certificate of completion at the HAS general membership meeting.

For full details including the observing lists, go back to the main HAS site and view the Programs tab or click to go directly there: http://www.astronomyhouston.org/programs/has-texas-45.
Rene Gedaly, Forum Moderator
Texas 45-Visual, Web Technology, Observatory Trainer, Historian, President 2015-2017
rene-gedaly

Return to Observatory