finally nice again in Columbus...

finally nice again in Columbus...

Postby rene-gedaly » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:13 pm

It's finally nice again in Columbus and I want to head down for a quick trip. STILL working on finishing the binocular messier. Anyone else going? anyone else there?
Rene Gedaly, Forum Moderator
Texas 45-Visual, Web Tech Team, Observatory Trainer, Historian, President 2015-2017
rene-gedaly

Re: finally nice again in Columbus...

Postby rene-gedaly » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:10 pm

I just have to thank the Observatory Committee for the terrific work they do. The place looked great, and the new, set back gate made getting in so much easier. Last night, Wednesday, was clear and crisp, and I could see 6+ magnitude stars, naked eye. The milky way was gorgeous and so bright, it took me a bit to get my bearings. Really glad new member Sandy Flindt and her son made it out there, too. The creatures don't sound nearly as creepy when someone else can hear them. Also, special thanks to Allen Wilkerson for the new curtained area in the bunkhouse. Very cozy and private. Oh, I almost forgot. I was able to finally complete my binocular messier list. Whew. Now where did I put that GoTo scope?
Rene Gedaly, Forum Moderator
Texas 45-Visual, Web Tech Team, Observatory Trainer, Historian, President 2015-2017
rene-gedaly

Return to Observatory