Sal from SW Katy, TX

Sal from SW Katy, TX

Postby salvador-garza » Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:14 pm

Greetings,

Excited to join such an active community! Stumbled into astronomy and astrophotography while searching for fun activities to do with my kids (8 & 4) during these strange times. Getting our hands on a telescope was a challenge, it's probably not news to anyone here that literally every single telescope and accessory is on backorder for months. I've been completely hooked since night #1, even more so after seeing the expressions on my kids' faces while looking at the moon and planets. So far we've only stargazed in our backyard. Can't wait to visit the HAS Dark Site and observe deep sky objects.

As a professional corporate & industrial photographer, I immediately started down the astrophotography rabbit hole. I've only dipped my toes into very basic lunar and planetary imaging, it's been both a fascinating and, at times, frustrating journey. I'm eager to learn more from fellow members and expand my skills (and gear :roll: ) for DSO astrophotography.

Looking forward to becoming an active member of HAS.

Best,
Salvador Garza
salvador-garza

Re: Sal from SW Katy, TX

Postby rene-gedaly » Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:15 am

Great intro, Sal. You'll fit in great. Fyi, when you make it to the dark site, there's a smaller scope for kids available in the Dob Shed. More info in the "Tour of the Dark Site and Observatory" presentation. Log into the website and take a look. Welcome to the club!.
Rene Scandone Gedaly, Membership Chairperson
WSIG, Observatory Trainer, Texas 45-Visual, President 2015-2017
rene-gedaly

Return to New Member Introductions