Postby steven-schleimer » Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:33 pm

Hi Everyone -- My name is Steve and I'm from Katy. (Looks like I'm the 3rd new Steve in a row...) I've been using my sons Costsco-bought 70MM celestron refractor for awhile, and have taken a few pictures of Jupiter and Saturn using my Canon camera. Have a long way to go to make these look decent, though. I'm interested in learning the ropes to get into astro-photography.

Am upgrading to a larger Newtonian or SCT in the near future, and look forward to learning new things and meeting new people.

Thanks!

Steve
steven-schleimer

Re: New Member

Postby rene-gedaly » Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:15 pm

(Looks like I'm the 3rd new Steve in a row...)

Too funny. What do you say we give a new Televue eyepiece to the 100th Steve/Stephen to join HAS?

Welcome, Steve. I haven't seen it myself yet, but I understand that there's a really good talk on getting started in astroimaging on the website. Log into the website and check out the recorded presentations here: https://www.astronomyhouston.org/recorded-presentations.
Rene Scandone Gedaly, Membership Chairperson
WSIG, Observatory Trainer, Texas 45-Visual, President 2015-2017
rene-gedaly

Re: New Member

Postby steven-schleimer » Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:15 pm

Yes, I watched it. Really great presentation, and changed my thinking about to approach it over the next several years. Look forward to meeting you and others some day.
steven-schleimer

Return to New Member Introductions