Steve from Spring

Steve from Spring

Postby stephen-blow » Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:16 pm

Hi everyone,

Steve from Spring here, getting back into Astronomy after about a 15yr break. I've been interested in Astronomy since about age 7 (I'm 53 now) when I had a cheapo Tasco 60mm refractor back in my home country England. I was most active as an amateur astronomer in the late 80s early 90s and was a member of the Manchester Astronomical society at Godlee Observatory back in the UK.

I moved to Texas in 1997 and have lived here since, at first I lived up in Conroe and had a nice piece of land about 10 miles out of town so the sky was pretty good. I got a LX200GPS which I was pleased with but after divorcing and moving into Houston it just wasn't practical due to the light pollution and being in an apartment so the LX and I sadly (and stupidly) parted ways. I've got a couple of small scopes I've picked up here and there off places like craigslist etc which have been pretty much unused so far but looking to change that and invest in something better too.

Looking forward to getting things moving again and relearning/refreshing my knowledge as well as learning the new things that I've let slip past these last 15yrs or so.

Clear skies everyone.
stephen-blow

Re: Steve from Spring

Postby joe-khalaf » Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:19 pm

Welcome to the club, Steve! If there's anything I can do for you, please let me know. Thanks.
H.A.S. President
Meade 12" LX200GPS
Celestron 8" Advanced Series GT
Celestron NexStar 8SE
Meade Coronado SolarMax II 60mm
Vixen 16x80 Giant ARK binoculars
Vixen 10x50 Ascot Super Wide binoculars
joe-khalaf

Re: Steve from Spring

Postby rene-gedaly » Sat Jun 13, 2020 3:55 pm

Hello, Steve from Spring. I'm just north of you. We have quite a few members from our area. Even more Steves. WELCOME
Rene Scandone Gedaly, Membership Chairperson
WSIG, Observatory Trainer, Texas 45-Visual, President 2015-2017
rene-gedaly

Return to New Member Introductions