Dane from west Houston

Dane from west Houston

Postby steen-andersen » Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:15 pm

Hi All

A short introduction.
I'm Danish, and moved to Houston early in 2019. (work and curiosity brought me here).
As a lot of other in Houston, it's O&G related.

I've been enjoying the night sky most of my life. -the majority if the time, just naked eye from light polluted areas.
I'm fairly need with the aid of optics, but have been trying enough to have a good idea of what i want. -dipped my toes with a 6" reflector, which didn't get used enough.

At first, it will be mainly visual trough a newly bought C8 SCT. -but having "normal" photography as another hobby, astrophoto i bound to happen at some point.
Hoping to make good use of the dark site, and in general just enjoying the beauty of the night sky.

Oooh, and i'm 41, loosing hair way to fast, and have a terrible sense of humor :lol:

//
Steen
steen-andersen

Re: Dane from west Houston

Postby rene-gedaly » Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:49 pm

Welcome, Steen! You're going to really enjoy the dark site, for visual and astrophotography. Congrats on your new SCT.

By the way, we'll be having a nice club event at the dark site coming up in March, the Messier Marathon. I believe the dates are Saturday March 21 with a rain date of March 28. Info will be on the website, the Facebook Group, and via email.

Glad you found us.
Rene Scandone Gedaly, Membership Chairperson
WSIG, Observatory Trainer, Texas 45-Visual, President 2015-2017
rene-gedaly

Return to New Member Introductions