New Member: Mike from East Bernard

New Member: Mike from East Bernard

Postby michael-jurasek » Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:19 pm

Hello HAS, I am very happy to be able to join the HAS and look forward to meeting as many people as I can. I have always loved astronomy but only recently purchased a telescope and started hunting the night skies. I am starting off with the Celestron AstroMaster 114EQ (purchased) and the Celestron Powerseeker 80EQ. I realize both of these setups have significant flaws, but they have allowed me to get a start in telescope based astronomy without the 6 month wait time the more popular Dobs currently have. I plan on purchasing a Dob once I get guidance and hopefully, some hands on experience at the dark site. A little about me, I am 40, married to my wife, Amy and have two kiddos, a 15 year old daughter and an 11 year old son. The celestron 114EQ was originally purchased for my son as a Christmas present, but he quickly lost interest (in his words, it's nothing like what you see on "how the universe works" haha). My family is involved to an extent, once I level, balance and align the scope, we pick a target and I try to get it in sight, as on now, we have been able to view Saturn, Jupiter (and the Galilean moons), the very buzzy ball of Mars, M42 and M6. I plan on joining the dark site event on July 31st and would love to meet as many people as possible. If you have any questions for me, please feel free to ask.
michael-jurasek

Return to New Member Introductions