New member in Bellaire

New member in Bellaire

Postby michael-bradshaw » Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:53 pm

Hello! I guess I should introduce myself as well. I'm Mike Bradshaw, and I was (am) a professional astronomer as well as a amateur. I worked at Steward Observatory in Tucson, and spent most of my time on Kitt Peak, Mt Lemmon, Mt Graham and working at various labs on campus. I did some research on Gamma Ray Bursts, but primarily I was an instrumentation guy. I also taught at various universities, and worked for several years at SkyWatcher's Inn in Benson, before the untimely death of Dr Vega and subsequent sale of the facility.

I've spent the last 12 years in the O&G industry here in Houston, but I've recently started a side business of rebuilding and upgrading mounts. no, I'm not Hypertuning or Supercharging them, because those are trademarked names taken by my competitors, who have been upgrading mounts for years :) I Blueprint mounts, and I use my particular skillset from working on huge professional scopes to do so.
If I'm allowed in general, I'd love to advertise more about my work in the greater HAS group, but I understand completely if that's not allowed.
michael-bradshaw

Re: New member in Bellaire

Postby rene-gedaly » Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:01 pm

Speech! Speech! Seriously, we'd love to have you talk about your experiences at one of our upcoming meetings. Pm me.

As for your sideline, others have spoken about theirs elsewhere on these forums and also on the email list [email protected]. Sign up if you haven't from the website, About the Society>Email List.

Welcome :D
Rene Gedaly, Forum Moderator
Texas 45-Visual, Web Tech Team, Observatory Trainer, Historian, President 2015-2017
rene-gedaly

Re: New member in Bellaire

Postby joe-khalaf » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:43 pm

Welcome to the club, Mike! I echo Rene's sentiments and would love to hear about your experiences as a professional astronomer, as well.
H.A.S. Vice President and Outreach Co-Chair
Meade 12" LX200GPS
Celestron 8" Advanced Series GT
Celestron NexStar 8SE
Meade Coronado SolarMax II 60mm
Vixen 16x80 Giant ARK binoculars
Vixen 10x50 Ascot Super Wide binoculars
joe-khalaf

Return to New Member Introductions