New Member from Pasadena, Texas

New Member from Pasadena, Texas

Postby steve-smith » Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:57 pm

Greetings Everyone !!
I'm Steve Smith...I've been amateur sky gazing for +25 years and joined HAS yesterday. I was associated with the Baton Rouge Astronomical Society for +20 yrs with many trips to the Texas Star Party. Moved to the Houston Area in the last 1.5 years and looking to connect with a local astronomy club. There's at least on member in HAS I've known for many years, Walt Cooney. Look forward to catching up on the latest techniques. I love astrophotography and looking to get back into that. I have a 10" LX200GPS and 90mm Tak Sky 90 and a few cameras. Looking to maybe upgrade to a nice 4-5" refractor maybe use my Taksky90 as a guide scope put that on a good mount to continue my astrophotography. Any advice on what to upgrade to is most welcome. Look forward to meeting meeting many of the members and learning more from everyone as I consider HAS one of the top astronomy clubs in our country.

Best Regards,
Steve A Smith
Pasadena, Texas
steve-smith

Re: New Member from Pasadena, Texas

Postby rene-gedaly » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:33 pm

Hello, Will. Welcome to HAS. Sorry about the spate of bad weather, but hopefully that's behind us. Have you joined the AstroList yet? How about the Facebook Group that's open to members only? If you still have your Welcome Email, you can find a number of folks to get you connected to all our means of communication. The Forums are good for sharing info, esp. as a reference, but the email-based AstroList and the Facebook Group are more real-time. Need something relatively soon? Try contacting [email protected] or anyone listed on the About...>Leadership page of the website.
Rene Gedaly, Forum Moderator
Texas 45-V, WSIG, Observatory Trainer, Past President
rene-gedaly

Return to New Member Introductions