New member from Cypress TX

New member from Cypress TX

Postby d.estee-choe » Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:45 pm

Hi everyone, I am Estee, a new member from Cypress TX. The name Estee (meaning ‘star’) may already tell you about my passion to Astronomy. Studying astrophysics was my dream when I was young. Now, being mid-40th engineer and a mom of two boys, I am trying to get my dream back.

I have very minimal equipments for astronomy but would like to learn more about Astronomy, not only the use of equipment. Got NexStar 6SE 3 years ago, but a basic use only- I am using it as if it is not a computerized one. In addition, although I’ve never thought of Astro-photography before, it would be nice if I can learn to astro-photograph as I also have a basic equipment for it, but probably slowly.

I’ve been wanting to be active since I got my NexStar but never got a chance as being a busy mom of two elementary schooler. Hopefully this (posting my introduction?) helps myself to push forward more active.

Hope to start attending HAS meetings and get to know you guys and to learn more Astronomy.
d.estee-choe

Re: New member from Cypress TX

Postby rene-gedaly » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:14 am

Welcome, Estee. Many of us have returned to our dreams in our 40s, 60s, 80s and in between so you're in good company. Astronomy is a broad hobby. I'm a visual observer as opposed to astrophotography and spend most my hobby time at the dark site observatory. When you attend a meeting, you'll notice a lot of activity, people rushing to set up for the speaker and such, but with a little persistence, you'll get connected into the life of the club.
Rene Gedaly, Forum Moderator
Texas 45-V, WSIG, Observatory Trainer, Past President
rene-gedaly

Return to New Member Introductions