Open Cluster

Open Cluster

Postby rene-gedaly » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:20 am

Can I really recommend this one so far? Reqs are 125 OCs, all of which you have to classify per Trumpler, and 50 of which you must sketch. When I took a break on this one, I really started making progress on the Herschels which seemed a breeze by comparison. But I may continue anyway since I've done Globular. We'll see.

49 observed, classified; 25 of those sketched; 76 more observations and 25 more sketches.
Rene Scandone Gedaly, Forum Moderator
Membership Chair, Texas 45-Visual, Observatory Trainer
rene-gedaly

Re: Open Cluster

Postby rene-gedaly » Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:03 am

Did decide to return to this list. Sketched eight more last night. Since I'm also working the Asterism list, I'm seeing little asterisms in almost every OC I view. Makes sketching easier.
rene-gedaly

Postby rene-gedaly » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:38 am

Since changing my observing locale, I'm able to get a lot more observing done in bits and pieces. Closing in on the OC list. :D
rene-gedaly

Postby rene-gedaly » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:56 am

And closer...(still time consuming). 58 more to observe, 14 of those to sketch. Possible to complete this before 2020 but the weather needs to hold and need to observe 3 weeks out of 4 :shock: Okay, 1st quarter 2020.

UPDATE: No one else working on this, huh? Well, me neither. Recently found I was closer to finishing Urban Observing. Bye for now.
rene-gedaly

Return to Astroleague Observing Programs