Novice Night 12/5

Novice Night 12/5

Postby stephen-jones » Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:13 am

All,
This Saturday, 12/5, we will be having a Novice Night out at the Columbus Dark Site. If you are new to astronomy and could use a little help learning to use your equipment (along with learning what it can do under dark skies), this night is for you. Myself and other seasoned observers have volunteered our time that night to working with you. Please RSVP to me if you want to receive help that night so that I can make sure you're covered. Be sure to bring any equipment you want to use with you, along with a red flashlight. Also, be sure to dress very warmly. It will be cold on Saturday, and the site at night usually gets about 10-15 degrees colder than Houston. If you want to leave during the night, you will be able to do so with your lights on during our "light windows" at 10 pm or 12 midnight; or you can always stay the night. If you need some help finding the site, I will be leading a caravan to the site which will leave from the Whataburger in Columbus (exit 696 on I-10) at 4:30 PM. Otherwise, meet us at the site by around 5 so that you can get set up before dark. Let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks!
-Stephen Jones
VSIG Moderator
stephen-jones

Return to Star Party Link Up