TSP 2018

TSP 2018

Postby mark-watson » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:55 pm

I can now get my scope down from the upper floors in storage as the elevator, which has been out of operation since Dec 2017, is back in operation. I have my TSP confirmation, have paid the Prude down payment and now I need to get the scope out and make sure it works. Will be setting in up in the lower field.
Mark Watson
[email protected]
mark-watson

Re: TSP 2018

Postby rene-gedaly » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:40 pm

Update: Not going. Fires near TSP this year add to calculus of time away from family. Have fun at the "little star, big party." Hope the winds and rain clear the skies soon.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Whoo-hoo! Will see all y'all there Sunday May 6-13. Grinding a 6 inch mirror during the days, outside the pavilion, I think. Toying with setting up in the Central Field. I'm in the Cherry bunkhouse so everything will be in the neighborhood: vendors pavilIon, bath house, dining, bunkhouse.
Rene Gedaly, Forum Moderator
Texas 45-V, WSIG, Observatory Trainer, Past President
rene-gedaly

Postby marcelo -barbosa » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:59 am

Glad to be heading back to TSP as well, so I'll see you all there. Was in the Lower Field last year, but contemplating the Central Field this time. Bunkhouse it is...!
Cheers.!
marcelo -barbosa

Postby william-sager » Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:06 pm

Hi Folks,
I will be there May 10-12. I will bring my CPC-11 and set up in the lower field.
Will Sager
William W. Sager (Will)
Department of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences
University of Houston
Houston, TX 77204
[email protected]
william-sager

Postby jking » Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:51 pm

Will,

I will be there on the lower field commencing Sat the 5th (as volunteer) for the entire week staying with Don Selle in his camper. I also have a CPC 11, older model , that I just obtained and will be getting used to. I would love to trade notes on that sucker. I think I like it, but I've only used it twice so far. Looking for some practice.

Jim King
jking

Postby steve-goldberg » Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:25 pm

Steve & Amelia Goldberg will be there starting Saturday the 5th. Set up on the upper field, NW corner is our usual spot. Staying on Motel #7
steve-goldberg

Postby chuck-hale » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:04 pm

Me and my son Charles, along with the rest of the darkout team Alex Cruz, Calvin Embrey, Richard Echols will be there saturday. will be at the P Box
bunk house ready for another TSP........
Chuck Hale
20" Obsession
KF5UXP
chuck-hale

Postby donald-selle » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:18 am

Getting excited to get back on the Ranch this year, as I took a bye last year (it was my 40th wedding anniversary that week). Jim King and I will be helping to set up the vendor pavillion on Saturday so we will be on the ranch early!
I have most of my gear already sorted and ready to go, and the pop-up trailer is already packed up for the trip.

You can find me set up towards the middle of the lower field. "Mike's Starlight Lounge" will be open again this year so keep your ears tuned for time and date (probably Tues afternoon weather permitting)! I will be brining a couple of batches of home brew beer to share! After all - it is a star PARTY!

Don Selle
donald-selle

Postby william-sager » Wed May 02, 2018 5:36 pm

jking wrote:Will,

I will be there on the lower field commencing Sat the 5th (as volunteer) for the entire week staying with Don Selle in his camper. I also have a CPC 11, older model , that I just obtained and will be getting used to. I would love to trade notes on that sucker. I think I like it, but I've only used it twice so far. Looking for some practice.

Jim King

Hi Jim,
Just saw your note. Look for me next Thursday. The CPC-11 is a beast to move around, but it's pretty nice once you get it up and running. One year I came to TSP (2016, I think) and it would start off towards an object and just fade away and never get there. It was so dry that there was static electricity on everything and I thought I fried the electronics. It turns out, my cheap Orion battery was not up to snuff. Got it fixed and things were OK. The CPC series is a "close to" on finding objects unless you take care setting up the star alignment. Not like the newer GPS scopes.
Will
William W. Sager (Will)
Department of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences
University of Houston
Houston, TX 77204
[email protected]
william-sager

Return to Star Party Link Up