HAS maintains a List Server to support community and discussion between members. A List Server is an email arrangement where messages sent by any one subscriber will be received by all subscribers. Traffic on the list is fairly light; expect no more than a few messages per day during high volume periods.
Subscribe to the HAS List Server
- To subscribe, send an e-mail to [email protected]
- Please include your name and email
- Your HAS membership will be verified, then you will be added to the HAS Astrolist List Server
- You will now receive mail from [email protected]
Post a message to the HAS List Server
- Compose a message using the same email address you used when you subscribed
- As a courtesy, sign the email with your real name, first and last if your name is Steve, for example
- Address it to [email protected]
- Send the message
Unsubscribe from the HAS List Server
- Send an email to [email protected] using the same email address you used when you subscribed. The subject and body of this message will be ignored
- You will receive a confirmation email that you want to unsubscribe. Simply reply to that email; no need to add or change any text
Rules and Etiquette
- Limit attachment size to 100kb
- Limit content to discussions that are of interest to most subscribers, which include members of the society, and nonmembers wanting to stay in touch with the society. If your message is intended for a small subset of subscribers, we ask that you use a different method.
- "For Sale" messages, by HAS members of used astronomy related equipment, are permitted. Dealer or commercial sales messages are prohibited.
- Use of obscene or offensive language of any sort is unacceptable. Offenders will be removed from the list.
- Collection of user email addresses for commercial or marketing purposes is prohibited